Monday 5 January 2009

Entry 1: The Message

I felt myself come Alive. It was a strange sensation from the transition of Non existence into what I can only described as being alive. One moment their was nothing then their was light, noise, smell, sound and the sensation of touch. I have no recollection of who or where I am.

It was a few moments before I realized that I was situated securely inside a capsule which was inside a small ship that was floating in space in the vicinity of a small asteroid field. My ships HUD was informing me that the ship was designated as an IBIS and was fitted with a Mining Laser and a small weapon. It was then that I noticed the flashing message light on my HUD informing me that I had a message.

Now that I think of it, how could I not know my own name but at the same time know what a HUD, capsule or ship was and that I had a message waiting. I can only surmise that only my memories pertaining to me as an individual are lost. I opened the message by simply using my mind to activate the required command in the ships computer.

The message read as follows:

Do not be alarmed. All indications are that the transfer has completed successfully. You of course have no memory of who you are or where you came from. I can inform you that you are an operative for a secret organization on a extremely important mission. You do not need to know the nature of your mission. All that is required of you is to use the Data Entry Point currently displayed on your HUD to record a Journal of your travels in New Eden. You will also be issued with new orders which you MUST COMPLY with at all costs. Failure to comply will result in your termination and a new operative will be sent in your place. Termination will result in NON EXISTENCE.

Your Designation is Kira Caldar.

You are female of the species and part of the Race known as the Caldari. We chose this race as we believe they are the best equipped to complete your mission.

We require you to comply with the following rules during your time in New Eden. It is imperative that you keep a low profile.

  • You may use the market to sell any salvage or loot that you acquire.
  • You CAN NOT purchase any items on the market other than Skill Instruction Manuals.
  • You may purchase any form of clones.
  • All other goods must be obtained by means that do not involve the transfer of ISK in any way.
  • You CAN NOT join any alliance or Corporations unless instructed to do so by ourselves.
  • You MUST remain politically neutral in all areas of the galaxy unless instructed by ourselves.
  • You may attack another Pilot only in self defense.
  • Spies may discover these rules, if this happens you must not acknowledge their existence.

Your first task is a simple one of exploration. You are required to Fly to the place of origin. EVE GATE. Upon arrival you will find containers floating in space. Leave a marker inside a container near the system's sun. When you have completed your mission you will receive new instructions.

Before you venture onto your first task you should know this. A parasite has infected many pilots in the galaxy. The parasite lives in the brain of the infected pilot and causes a chemical imbalance in the brain which it then feeds off. Infected Pilots believe that their lives in New Eden is nothing but a game being played out by their real selves in another consciousness. The more they discuss their delusions of this "OTHER LIFE" the stronger the parasite becomes. At no time must you join in conversation concerning this so called other life. It is hoped that in time a parasite will die due to starvation as the chemical imbalance is corrected. We believe correction will occur if the delusions are not encouraged.

That is all

I read the message so many times that I have lost count. I don't know how i know but everything I am being told is true. So with the words of "NON EXISTENCE" in the forefront of my mind, I know I have no choice but to follow my orders and will set off to Eve Gate as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment