Wednesday 14 January 2009

Entry 11: Reality Dawns

I travelled the 4 Jumps to Auvergne. Only to discover once I had arrived and docked that I had left my cargo behind in Deltole. The confines of the Pod prevented me from kicking myself. However, just before I had docked, I had noticed a Beacon leading to a Rogue Drone Infestation. Sprout. I decided to investigate and as a result perhaps the journey would not be a complete waste of time after all.

Warping to the location the following Message appeared.

This deadspace field appears to have been infested with a strain of Rogue Drones. Rogue Drones are a self-replicating "lifeform" controlled by artificial intelligence, often in the form of a lucid communication hivemind or centered inside one of their dreaded Rogue Drone Mothers. This particular complex is the construction site of a new hive, far away from its maternal headquarters.

DED Threat Assessment: Minor (2 of 10)


I arrived to find another acceleration gate which I activated. Coming out of warp 2 Drones began to attack me. I managed to destroy one of them but was taking a lot of damage from the other. I decided to warp out and dock. I now realise that I am in need of greater weapons for defence or I will never survive the harsh realities of life in New Eden. It was time to return to Deltole and retrieve my forgotten Cargo.

No comments:

Post a Comment