Tuesday 6 January 2009

Entry 4: City of God

"City of God" Who, what where? I had no idea. As I was sitting in Low Sec space unprotected I decided to head back to Angur and dock. While there I would research this so called "City of God".


I plotted a course back to Angur. The journey back was even more uneventful than the journey here. I found empty system after empty system. Upon entering Angur I found a new wreck and removed its contents. Well I removed what I could anyway. It seems this was a wreck of a large transport vessel and contained amongst other things a ship. I couldn't believe my eyes. If only I had a transport vessel of my own with a cargo hold large enough to transport this ship into. This I decided would be something i would have to look into. But how to acquire a ship without purchasing it on the market, I just don't know the answer, short of finding one pilotless floating in space. But what are the chances of that?

I docked at the station in Angur and sold the contents of the wreck i had managed to retrieve and was rewarded with 140000ISK for my troubles. At least I could see my bank balance going in the right direction. That should pay for a few clone transfers if needed.

I accessed the historical archives and searched for "City of God". Interesting, it seems that there once was an Amarrian emperor called Zaragram II. Not content with just being the leader of his people, Zaragram also believed himself to be a god and ordered a great city to be built, a place worthy of divine residence. So the City of God was built and named Mezagorm. However Zaragram had enemies and was assassinated just as his great city was completed. His Enemies took power and Mezagorm was laid to waste. To this day the ruins of this short lived city still remain and can be found in the Shastal System.

The Shastal System was located in High Sec Space. Well at least that was good news. Once I leave Low Sec space I can let the auto pilot take over. I undocked from the station and headed out of the system. It wasn't long before I found myself leaving the Ami system and entering High Sec space. This was going a lot easier than I thought. One round trip in Low Sec space and not even a scratch. Setting the auto pilot I sat back and enjoyed the journey to Shastal.

It wasn't long before I arrived and warped to the City of God. There I found nothing but ruins of a once great city. The ruins were void of any life. Not even another ship could be seen exploring them. I traveled around a bit exploring each ruin individually when i came upon a great statue still standing atop of one of the ruined structures. I assumed this must be Zaragram, the man who wold be a god. He is holding a flag and pointing into the unknown. As interesting as this city may be, I have no idea why I would need to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment