Wednesday 14 January 2009

Entry 12: Comet Raiding

12 Jumps later I found myself back in Deltole. I had left Auvergne made the 4 Jumps to Deltole, collected the Null Ammo made the 4 Jumps back to Auvergne, sold the Ammo then finished off by making the 4 jumps back to Deltole and docking my ship. Must remember in future that when moving to another system to sell cargo, its a good idea to take the cargo with you.

I returned to the Comet and managed to acquire some items from various wrecks and containers filling my cargo hold. The Pirates were still there but for some reason left me alone this time round. Once my cargo hold was full I warped back to the station and unloaded. Reprocessing the cargo I then sold the minerals for just under 80,000ISK. Taking my total balance now up to 223,000ISK. At this rate I would have enough ISK to pay the Corporation startup Fee in ohhh another 20 trips.

I checked the Aggression Countdown. I still had 7 mins left before CONCORD would once again come to my aid. It seems I had stolen from 2 separate Corporations. The Black Shadow Rangers and Diplomatic Disruption. Best to sit still and wait it out. When all was safe I undocked from the station and once again warped on another raid of the comets wrecks. However this time round I wasn't alone. 3 Other pilots obviously had the same Idea. I would need to be extra careful and not steal any cargo belonging to them.

I found some Scorched Containers that didn't seem to belong to any corporation and moved towards them. They were surrounded by Pirate Ruffians who promptly destroyed me in a matter of seconds as I got to close to the Scorched Container.

The other pilots had begun fighting the Pirates. I was left alone sitting in my pod floating 71m from the scorched container I had intended to empty. I tried to have a look inside to see what I would of received for my troubles, only to have access denied due to the cargo being guarded. I decided instead to sit and watch the others battle it out.

Wreck after Wreck would appear on my HUD as the other pilots destroyed Pirate after Pirate. The Pirates seemed to be providing a constant stream of reinforcements. The 3 Pilots became 2 when Cursealot was destroyed. This left 1 Battlecruiser and 1 Cruiser to take on the remaining Pirates, 2 V 13.

Before too long a second Battlecruiser joined the fight. The odds now were down to 3 v 7. Wrecks littering the space around the mined out comet. Unfortunately It was time for me to leave and I could not stay for the end of the battle. I docked my pod and found a new IBIS waiting for me.

I returned to the comet a few hours later. A battle was still taking place. Hoping not to be noticed I moved to one of the cargo containers and removed its contents, instantly warping back to station. After unloading my cargo I undocked and warped back to the comet.

I started moving towards another container when suddenly I was targeted by one of the pilots and soon was taking damage. It seems he belonged to the Corp who I had just stolen from and as such CONCORD were looking the other way. I managed to warp out but not without taking damage to my armor. Docking up I decided to wait the 15 mins out while the Aggression Counter counted down and then return, this time examining the cargo closely before taking it.

With the Aggression countdown complete, I undocked and once again set off for the comet. Ubuvanchik, the pilot who had shot at me was still there in his cruiser. Part of me hoped he would shoot again, just so CONCORD would intervene and blow him to hell. I picked a wreck and moved towards it.

The other pilots including Ubuvanchik soon warped out. Leaving me alone to transfer cargo from a number of wrecks before returning to the station with a full cargo hold. I Transfered the cargo from my ship to the hanger, reprocessing and selling the cargo. I checked my balance I now had just under 360,000ISK, a long way still to go. With that in mind I decided to call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment